Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother’s Day!


As I fretted over a Mother's Day gift a few weeks ago, I found myself, as I often do, turning to the Internet for ideas. As I was frantically ticki-tacking at the keyboard, I ran across a 2012 Harris Interactive survey which highlighted a big disconnect between what men think moms want and what is actually atop most moms lists. While 72% of male respondents thought moms wanted flowers for Mother's Day, nearly half of the women surveyed said what moms really want is a spa day. Quite the variance!


 

Interestingly, as a mom who is always hoping for a gift that gives me permission to take time to myself, I am a bit ashamed I needed Harris' survey to help me figure out what should have been an obvious choice as a gift for my incredible sister.


As you enjoy Mother's Day today, remember, it's never too early to start thinking about next year's gift or maybe even a great birthday gift! I encourage you to ditch the flowers and treat that special mom in your life to a spa break. Whether a certificate for a massage, a gift card to a full spa-day or a luxurious getaway, allowing mom the opportunity to feel pampered should be atop of your gift-buying list.


To help you, I have included a list of three of Best Western's most celebrated spa hotels. With over 4,000 independently owned and operated hotels in over 100 countries, you are likely to find a Best Western near you to help make mom feel indulged.



Among Best Western's most celebrated spas are:


BEST WESTERN Laguna Brisas Spa & Hotel - Just steps away from Laguna Beach, boasting a rooftop terrace offering indelible ocean views, and located ½ a block from great shopping and dining, this property would be a great choice for a all-day spa getaway.


For all the moms reading this, I encourage you to leave this page up in your browser as a "subtle" hint next Mother's Day or as your birthday nears; and, don't forget, Father's Day is around the corner. Dads like spa days too!

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment