Thursday, May 16, 2013

The ULTIMATE Travel Contest



Every day I get about fifty comments/messages/e-mails in which readers ask me if they can have my job and my short answer is, “Yes, you can.”


At least . . . you can do what I do, which is to travel and share your story with the world.


Long before I was christened Digital Nomad at National Geographic Traveler, I was merely a traveler seeking out my next adventure, big or small, near and far. Traveling is what I love to do and if you love to travel as much as I do, there really is no excuse not to get out there and do it.


Lack of time and money are always the first two reasons people give for not being able to travel, and both are worthy excuses. In my life, whenever I’ve had time to travel, I’ve usually lacked the money–and whenever I had money to travel, it usually meant I didn’t have the time (because I was employed).


But sometimes life offers us great opportunities to travel and it’s our job to jump in their and grab ‘em–which is the whole purpose of this blog post.


Drum roll! Right now, National Geographic Traveler and the Hilton Garden Inn are hosting Life’s ULTIMATE To Do List Contest, which is probably the best travel contest I have ever seen open to the public.


All you have to do to enter is describe your ultimate travel dream to us (and it can be anything), the cross your fingers and hope to win. (ENTER HERE.)


If you win (and there are 10 Grand Prize Winners), this is what you get:



  • Round-trip flights for you and a guest to the destination of your choice.

  • 3 day/2 night stay in any of 530 Hilton Garden Inn worldwide locations

  • $2,000 spending cash to make your dream come true

  • a video camera to record the event and share it with the world, AND . . .

  • a subscription to National Geographic Traveler (which is the BEST travel magazine in the universe).


How awesome is that? So awesome that I wish I could enter, but since I can’t, I want all of you to enter. My readers are some of the most travel-savvy big dreamers out there and over the past year, I’ve listened to all of you tell me how much you want to go to wherever I’m traveling.


So here’s your chance, folks. ENTER this contest and one of you please, please, please win. I have absolutely nothing to do with picking the winner, but I’m guessing that creativity, imagination, and ambition all count for something.


All I’m saying is that one of my readers better win at least one of those ten grand prizes, got it? Your competition will be stiff though, since I happened to blab all over American television about how everyone should enter this amazing travel contest.


For example, here I am  in Milwaulkee, encouraging viewers to enter the contest whilst divulging clues about my upcoming destination! So good luck to all of you and to quote The Hunger Games: May the odds be ever in your favor.

The ULTIMATE Travel Contest

No comments:

Post a Comment