Thursday, May 16, 2013

Monday Travel Update – Heading to Book Passage Edition


I’ve gotten quite a bit done during the last two weeks here in Wisconsin. I made a big dent in my photo editing, launched a new version of the website and updated a bunch of my gear including my primary bag. I’m actually moving to a duffle bag with wheels as my primary checked bag. The reason is really simple: it provides more volume and weighs less than what I was using. I’ve also purchased some packing cubes and I’ll be using those for the first time. I hope they can bring some order to my packing life. After a few weeks entropy usually sets in on my bag and it becomes total chaos.


I’m heading to San Francsico on Tuesday to attend the Book Passage Travel Writers & Photographers Conference in Corte Madera, CA. This is probably the best conference in the world for learning travel writing and photography. The staff is an all-star lineup of travel writing legends. If you are interested in a career as a travel writer, this is probably one of the best places to learn the craft.


Next week I’ll be flying down to the Mayan Rivera in the Yucatan Peninsula. I’ll be there about two weeks shooting some Mayan ruins before heading up to Churchill, Manitoba to take photos of polar bears.

Monday Travel Update – Heading to Book Passage Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment